Mosses and Lichens
This dataset is the databased part of mosses and lichens from the botanical collections of the Musée des Confluences (Lyon). It comprises 52 specimens belonging to different collections, particularly some specimens gathered by Mrs Bélonie Chantre in minor Asia including two syntypes of lichens. Some samples of lichens (and a Lycopodium) have been collected by Gaston Buchet in Iceland and Canaries Islands. A third part (mosses) is issued from Marmorat's collection.
The data in this occurrence resource has been published as a Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A), which is a standardized format for sharing biodiversity data as a set of one or more data tables. The core data table contains 54 records.
1 extension data tables also exist. An extension record supplies extra information about a core record. The number of records in each extension data table is illustrated below.
This IPT archives the data and thus serves as the data repository. The data and resource metadata are available for download in the downloads section. The versions table lists other versions of the resource that have been made publicly available and allows tracking changes made to the resource over time.
Download the latest version of this resource data as a Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A) or the resource metadata as EML or RTF:
The table below shows only published versions of the resource that are publicly accessible.
How to cite
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
Audibert C, Neyton L (2020): Mosses and Lichens. v1.5. Musée des Confluences. Dataset/Occurrence. http://ipt.gbif.fr/resource?r=confluences_mousses_lichens_2&v=1.5
Researchers should respect the following rights statement:
The publisher and rights holder of this work is Musée des Confluences. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial (CC-BY-NC) 4.0 License.
Occurrence; Specimen; Moss; lichen; Marmorat; Buchet; Chantre; musée des Confluences
Who created the resource:
Who can answer questions about the resource:
Who filled in the metadata:
Who else was associated with the resource:
France, Iceland, Turkey
|Bounding Coordinates||South West [35.889, -24.785], North East [67.067, 46.582]|
No Description available
|Start Date / End Date||1859-01-01 / 1895-01-01|
- Chantre, B., 1891. A travers l'Arménie russe (…). Le Tour du monde, nouveau journal des voyages, LXI : 369-416.
- Chantre, B., 1898. En Asie mineure, souvenirs de voyages en Cappadoce et en Cilicie. Le Tour du monde, nouveau journal des voyages, t.2, n. s., 108 p.
- Chantre E., 1892. Rapport sur une mission scientifique en Arménie russe. Nouvelles archives des missions scientifiques et littéraires (…), III: 1-48, 8 pl.
- Müller J., 1891. Lichenologische Beiträge, XXXV. Flora oder Allgemeine botanische Zeitung, 74 : 371-382.
- Audibert C. & Neyton L., 2019. Note sur quelques collections cryptogamiques au musée des Confluences (Lyon). Colligo 2(2).