Scientists from INRA (French national agronomic research institute) and breeders from French seed companies have collected some wheat accessions representatives of breeding's history in France during the last centuries. Passport data for these genotypes have been recorded when available and some of accessions have been assessed for agronomical traits and/or diseases resistance. These genetics resources are maintained in seed genebank by INRA and are available under request.
The data in this occurrence resource has been published as a Darwin Core Archive (DwC-A), which is a standardized format for sharing biodiversity data as a set of one or more data tables. The core data table contains 1,781 records.
This IPT archives the data and thus serves as the data repository. The data and resource metadata are available for download in the downloads section. The versions table lists other versions of the resource that have been made publicly available and allows tracking changes made to the resource over time.
The table below shows only published versions of the resource that are publicly accessible.
How to cite
Researchers should cite this work as follows:
We acknowledge the Small Grain Cereals BRC (INRA Clermont-Ferrand, France) that provided us with accessions that were used in this study.
Researchers should respect the following rights statement:
The publisher and rights holder of this work is Institut national de recherche pour l’agriculture, l’alimentation et l’environnement (INRAE). This [DATA(BASE)] is made available under the Public Domain Dedication and License v1.0 whose full text can be found at: http://www.opendatacommons.org/licenses/pddl/1.0/.
This resource has been registered with GBIF, and assigned the following GBIF UUID: a52ca10a-136a-4072-a6de-3ec6e7852365. Institut national de recherche pour l’agriculture, l’alimentation et l’environnement (INRAE) publishes this resource, and is itself registered in GBIF as a data publisher endorsed by GBIF France.
Occurrence; genetic resources; bread wheat
|Bounding Coordinates||South West [41.29, -4.9], North East [51.2, 10]|
No Description available
|Species||Triticum aestivum (Soft wheat)|
- Balfourier F., Deloche M., Bardy L., Didier A., 2013. A worlwide bread wheat sample for the French Breedwheat project, International Wheat Genetics Symposium, Yokohama, Japan, September 8-14
- Bordes, J., Ravel C., Jaubertie JP., Duperrier B., Gardet O, Heumez E., Pissavy AL., Charmet G., Le Gouis J., Balfourier F. (2013) Genomic regions associated with the nitrogen limitation response revealed in a global wheat core collection. Theor. Appl. Genet 126 (3): 805-822
- Didier A., Deloche M., Bardy L., Balfourier F., 2013. Genetic Resources Centre on Small Grain Cereals, PGR Secure FP7, Wageningen, The Netherlands,November 25-29
- Didier A., Deloche M., Bardy L, Balfourier F., 2013. Exploiting the INRA breadwheat collection to sample accessions used in French BREEDWHEAT project. EUCARPIA Genetic Resources section meeting, Pre-breeding – fishing in the gene pool, Alnarp june 10-13
- Didier A., Bardy L., Boulat E., Koenig J., Lapierre A., Exbrayat F., Bordes J., Balfourier F ; 2012 – The PGR Networks in France: Collaboration of users and the genetic resources centre on small grain cereals, Russian journal of genetics: applied research 16(1): 52-60
- Hao C.Y., Wang Y., Hou J., Feuillet C., Balfourier F., Zhang X.Y. (2012) Association Mapping and Haplotype Analysis of a 3.1-Mb Genomic Region Involved in Fusarium Head Blight Resistance on Wheat Chromosome 3BS. PLoS ONE 7(10): e46444. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0046444
- Jallais B., Boulet JC., Roger JM., Balfourier F., Berbezy P., Bertrand D. (2012) Application of direct calibration in multivariate image analysis of heterogeneous materials. Analytica Chimica Acta 734: 45-53
- Le Gouis J., Bordes J., Ravel C., Heumez E., Faure S., Praud S., Gallic N., Remoué C., Balfourier F., Allard V., Rousset M. (2012) Genome wide association analysis enabled to identify the main chromosomal regions determining components of earliness in wheat Theor. Appl. Genet. 124:597-611.
- Bordes J., Ravel C., Le Gouis J., Lapierre A., Charmet G., Balfourier F. (2011) Use of a global wheat core collection for association analysis of flour and dough quality traits. J. Cereal Sci., 54:137-147.
- Rousset M., Bonnin I., Remoué C., Falque M., Rhoné B., Veyrieras J.B., Madur D., Murigneux A., Balfourier F., Le Gouis J., Santoni S., Goldringer I. (2011). Deciphering the genetics of flowering time by an association study on candidate genes in bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) Theor. Appl. Genet. 123:907–926
- Hao C.Y., Perrretant M.R., Choulet F., Wang L.F., Paux E., Sourdille P., Zhang X.Y., Feuillet C., Balfourier F. (2010) Genetic diversity and linkage disequilibrium studies on a 3.1 Mb genomic region of chromosome 3B in European and Asian bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) populations. Theor. Appl. Genet. 121: 1209-1225
- Horvath A., Didier A., Koenig J., Exbrayat F., Charmet G., Balfourier F. (2009) Diversity and linkage disequilibrium analysis along the chromosome 3B of bread wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) in contrasted plant materials. Theor. Appl. Genet. (119): 1523-1537
- Bordes J., Branlard G., Oury FX., Charmet G., Balfourier F. (2008) Agronomic characteristics, grain quality and flour rheology of 372 bread wheats in a worldwide core collection. J. Cereal Sci., 48(3): 569-57
- Balfourier F., Roussel V., Strelchenko P., Exbrayat-Vinson F., Sourdille P., Boutet G., Koenig J., Ravel C., Mitrofanova O., Beckert M., Charmet G. (2007) A worlwide bread wheat core collection arrayed in a 384-well plate. Theor Appl Genet. 114:1265-1275
Please be aware that material is available in small quantities